Takin it to the Streets- Favorite
For the last ten years I have been on the streets
of Las Vegas working behind the scenes of our local
music biz. Chances are, if you have gotten a flyer
for a concert, it has come from me or someone on my
team. While we are out and about, we get to hear about
a lot of cool stuff. This month I asked you about
your favorite local bands. With all
the break ups and make ups over the last year I thought
it would be interesting to see how this panned out.
You guys really like the Pervs! Good….they have
worked hard and they deserve it! Here is what you
had to say…
CCSN Henderson / Stardust Hotel
1. Whittier great music its new and are the next
2. Betrayed by a kiss- screaming guitars
3.Misericordium-good lvhc heavy amazing
4.Lynch thy Beauty- nice guys
5.Of Faith and Fire- Bringing the old school back
Las Vegas Academy
1. I the Plague
4. The Day After
5. All Systems A GoGo
1. Black Camaro - If daniel Johnston, They mighty
be giants, the Beatles, Eels, and a bunch of drugs
were held in a prison cell for 29 days you would be
left with Black Camaro.
2. Sea and Land - An awsome instramentational, avant
and mesmerizing trip for fans of Mogwai, Isis, Tortoise
and other such artsy fartys acts.
3. Clydesdale - Oh patsy Cline would swoon for this!
4. Beacon - If you like good screamo, akin to ex-ignota,
Circle takes the square, Books Lie and the Daughters,
you will want to cuddle all night with these boys.
If you like uger pop screamo like Thursday or The
Used then you will love these guys and begin to wonder
to yourself why you ever listened to the bad stuff.
5. Jacob Smigel - Lo-fi, No-fi...Hi five! This young
gent is awsome. Plays songs about animals, vacationas
and dead things. What more could you want?
1. M.O.S.- Campfire Music
2. Poly Hylo
3. Tha LIST Movement
4. Image 1 Wone-Campfire
5. Isaac Sawyer
1. The Dirty Babies--most catchy songs around, you
can always count on them to move your hips.
2. The Holy Smokes--great songs, always tight and
they even have a fucking harmonica in some songs.
3. The Pervz--always fun to watch...matching suits
4. Jupiter Shifter--Kei's guitar playing can't be
beat and you can make up your own lyrics if hes singing
5. The Luv-taps --well of course--"the purveyors
of sin city sex rock"
UNLV/Wax Trax Records & Sony Music
1. The Pervz - perfect rock & roll music. With
the right producer to capture their live energy, they
could put out a huge album.
2. GDB - the most talented band in Las Vegas. And
I hate ska!
3. Desert Mobb - a rap group I produce. They are easily
the best rap group I've heard in a long time, which
is why after 5 years of working with them and not
getting to put an album yet, I'm still working with
4. A Beginner's Mind - these guys just keep getting
better. Great songs, and great show.
5. The Polar Bear MC's aka The Killa Korpse Gangstaz
(and Tha Roarin' Lionz) - why? Because we are the
greatest group of all time! And becuase I have no
1. RX Theory
2. Sarah Thiele
3. Ill Figures
I work at UNLV
I only have 2 bands local bands that I like. The first
is Black Camaro --- when they're sober, they rock!
and next is Skorchamenza!!!!
Spring Valley High Scholl
1. Flyeing From Friday
2. Sitting Pretty
3. The Fith
1. Ballerina Backwards
2. Of Faith and Fire
3. Weirding Way
4. Sea and Land
1) K.D.T. (Kid Deposit Triumpt)
2) RX Theory
3) Ill Figures
5) The Day After
1. Time Spent Burning
3. Divided they Fall
4. Isaac Watts
5. This Bitter End
Student - UNLV
2. Big Friendly Corporation
3. The Pervz
4. Absent Minded
2. Thee Swank Bastards
3. The Pervz
5. Luv Taps
I work at The Beach Nightclub
1. Conflict of Interest
2. Kid Deposit Triumph
4. Grade 8
5. Cynical View
Shoestring Street Team
1. Slam Dunk
2. Absent Minded
3. Chemical Ex
5. The Clydesdale
(I know its 6 but yargh